…aka: my wedding to-do list. And the problem with this thing is that it’s constantly morphing into something bigger and badder. Everytime I think I’ve tamed this unwieldy beast…it outwits me and continues to grow. *sigh* Here’s where we stand now:
Info for the officiant (which happens to be The Mister’s dad)
- I’ve got to pick up our marriage licence info, but it’s only good for 30 days, so I can’t get it that far in advance.
- We’ve got to talk to his dad about the ceremony. He tends to be a bit, um, verbose…so we’ve got to let him know that we want to keep it movin’.
- With that, I need to come up with a ceremony outline.
- His dad lives in Illinois but we’re getting married in Wisconsin, so he’s got to get a letter from a local pastor vouching for him (that’s weird, right?)
Stuff that needs to happen sooner rather than later
- Our reception site’s letting us bring in our own bartender and alcohol, but I need to pick up an insurance rider to do it
- I haven’t gotten The Mister a wedding band…and haven’t decided on engraving yet either.
- Address & mail the invitations.
- I need to come up with a full day timeline for everyone (wedding party & vendors).
- Build chuppah for ceremony.
Stuff that I’ll probably leave ’til the last minute
- Ordering food for rehearsal dinner picnic.
- Buy vases to sit the bouquets in at the reception.
- Shop for clothes for honeymoon.
- Create the wedding program.
- Buy a strapless bra for wedding dress.
- Figure out what we’re doing for transportation that day.
Stuff that I think about but can wait
- Name change info.
- Thank you cards.
That’s it for now…how’s your list looking? Are you stressing or feeling good? Do you have all the major stuff (ceremony/reception sites, flowers, food, photagrapher) taken care of?