In my ongoing battle with my big ole mouth, I’ve been trying to make sure that I use my words for good and not evil, lol! Like I told you back when I was talking about feeling like a real adult, I used to spout off with whatever was at the top of my brain…good, bad, or ugly. But I’m learning! And in thinking about the type of wife that I’d like to be, I found this article.
If you click on the link, you’ll see explanations that go along with each of these phrases…I thought this stuff was great!
- Say “I respect you” to your wife.
- Say “I need (fill in the blank) from you” to your husband.
- Say “I desire you” to your wife.
- Say “I want you” to your husband.
- Say “I cherish you” to your wife.
- Say “I believe in you” to your husband.
What do you think? I thought these were a good way to make sure that each person feels appreciated and not taken for granted. Of course all of that is easier said than done, but I’d like to give it a whirl. I’ve talked to some folks who say that the relationship isn’t much different after you get married and those who say that it changes everything…so we end up going into this thing kinda blind.
Have you gotten any good marriage advice lately?