Things I don’t get
- Homeless people with dogs. I went to Walgreen’s the other day and there was a dude outside who was clearly homeless asking for money…and he had a dog sitting next to him with a little water dish and food on the ground. Seriously? So you can’t take care of yourself, but you can take care of a dog and you want me to give you my loot? Try again, partner.
- Moms with neck tattoos. Some friends of ours pointed out this trend to me and now I can’t stop seeing it! One second you see a cute little kid and the next you see them calling for Mommy and here comes ole girl with “Hot Tamale” printed in cursive on her neck. *shaking head*
- People wearing camouflage. Are you off to war? Are you huntin’? If your answer was no to both of those questions…I just don’t understand.
Things that I wish I could do
- Wear skinny jeans. I’m not a big person, but I sure look like one in those jeans! When I see them on other ladies, they’re so cute…on me, they’re fatty jeans.
- Dance like the people on So You Think You Can Dance. They’re amazing…I really love that show. They’re such well-trained and amazing and skilled dancers…awesome! Plus they have to take such risks week after week, it has to be hard and thrilling all at the same time.
- Not get tickled during a pedicure. I love getting my toes done and the massage and just having someone else dote on me. Until they get to that part where they scrub the bottom of my feet. Then I’m making faces and trying not to squirm…and I’m pretty sure the lady doing my feet laughs at me on top of everything.
Thing I’m happy I have
- Health. I know it sounds cheesy, but so many things can go sideways in this lifetime and I’m blessed to be basically healthy as a horse.
- Beer in the fridge. When I get home, I’m cracking on of those suckers open…I’ve been working like a field slave around here and it’s time to get a tasty beverage.
- Other marriage blogs. I don’t have a ton of married homies, so I’ve learned tons from other ladies online…y’all are the best!
Anything you want to add to any of the lists?