The Mister is a huge Chicago Bears fan, so we went out to watch the Bears Packers game last night and I was trying to be a gamer and wear the Bears colors (orange & blue)…but he accused me of wearing yellow. Does that look like yellow? Hmmmpft! The funny part was that while I was giving him grief about being color-blind, the first thing someone says to me was some comment about me wearing Packers colors. What?!! That’s orange, right?!
Then I got to thinking about what The Mister’s poor football life has turned into since he watches games with me. I love the sport because I’m a coach and I enjoy watching the tactical nature of sport, but I don’t know the game in and out or anything. So these are things I said last night while watching the game:
- Oh my goodness, that dude is huge! *poking with finger to get his attention*
- Lovie needs a size bigger pants.
- That dude sucks, why don’t they take him out?
- Dear God, that dude is gigantic!! *The Mister rolls his eyes at this one and reminds me that they are football players*
- Why does he keep making that same mistake?
- Why don’t they just tackle him, he’s standing right there?
And this was just last night…every weekend there are a new series of questions for him. He hasn’t stopped watching with me yet, so I guess that’s a good sign!
Do you watch with your honey?