So the paper from my old stomping grounds (H-town) rated Halloween candy…more specifically, they rated the worst five Halloween candies that you can hand out. See if you agree.
5. Hard butterscotch candy. While I do think these candies are tasty and yummy and remind me of my younger days…I’m pretty sure you’ll get a disappointed face from whatever little tyke you try to give these to.
4. Wax bottles. You remember those right? They’re those waxy things with liquid sugar water in them. I never got those and I’d consider myself a candy connoisseur. You can’t eat the wax but you’ve got to get thru it to get to the sugar…not worth the effort.
3. Candy corn and pumpkins. Whoa, whoa, whoa…this is a party foul! These are the cornerstones of Halloween candies. Does it even feel like Halloween without candy corns? This may be an overreaction because I’ve already mowed through like five bags of candy corn/pumpkins/autumn mix…but I think they’re pretty tasty and Halloweeny. No lie, I was just looking for mini bags to hand out…and I stand by that decision!
2. Tootsie rolls. I’ve never been a tootsie fan, but I know a lot of folks are…I think it’s a solid handout for Halloween.
1. Peanut butter taffy. Blech! You know the ones…that nasty *ss candy in the black and orange wrappers. This candy is a trick…you get all excited for yummy and what you get is pure nasty. But I hear that there are those that actually like this crap…and Bit-O-Honey too. These candies are destined to be part of a trade if you hand them out.
What they left out: the non-candies…apples, raisins, pennies, pretzels. Kids don’t want those! Give them candy and let their parents worry about their teeth and their health. Your job is to answer the door bell and hand out sugar, plain and simple.
The moral of the story is…hand out chocolate, lol! You can hand out anything else you want as long as you’ve got a Twix mixed up in there too. What do you think? Do you and your honey hand out candy? How long to you keep the light on? Do you hand out to teenagers?