I’m on day two of a four day business trip right now. It’s a convention-type trip with lots of classes available to take…and yes, I’m one of those nerdy types that goes to all of the classes that I can! But this post isn’t about the classes, it’s about my time at the airport…it’s always a trip.
**Six things I saw or heard at the airport yesterday**
- From an engaged couple waiting to get on the plane: After the woman gave a When Harry Met Sally-type request for something to drink to her fiancé, he comes back and they get to talking. I don’t know what all was said, but I did hear the woman say, “I own you…that’s what this means”, while she flashed her ring around. Really? Wow. I’m sure he secretly wanted to rip that ring off and go sprinting down the airport hallway and right out the door.
- TSA guy: after having to do the creepy body scan thing (ick), one of my bags got selected for a check. After pulling out all of the things that were in there, the TSA guy told me I had a well-packed bag. Do you know how many bags those dudes must see?! BOOM! If I ever need a career change, I’m positive I could be a professional organizer.
- Optically challenged lady: I’m admittedly blind without my glasses…it’s actually a bit embarrassing how little I can see without them. I don’t think, though, that I’m quite as bad as this chick trying to work on her laptop. She was hunched over, laptop held at eye-level with one hand, typing with the other…and it was literally three inches from her face. Like, picture the laptop open and her chin directly above the space key and you’ll know what I’m talking about. You can make the font bigger lady!
- Incredible expanding bag: in more “well-packed bag” news, I got clothes for 4 days and 3 nights (business cas during the day, jeans and relaxing clothes at night) into one carry on! And let’s not even talk about my plethora of snacks. Woo hoo!
- Vera Bradley bags: don’t sleep on Vera! I’ve got a tote bag (the one that the TSA dude went through) and it holds tons of stuff. There are lots of pockets and they’re well made, so I never worry about how heavy it is. Plus I’m not the only one…lots of ladies were carrying them around.
- Bonus: this one isn’t in the airport, but is there anything better than the realization that your flight isn’t full??? Oh em gee, when I realized that I had the whole row to myself, I almost jumped up and clicked my heels together.
Anyhoo, that was my airport experience…do y’all know what I mean?