Jail time for looking at spouse’s email? December 30, 2010
Have y’all heard about this dude who is facing five years in prison for looking at his wife’s email? It’s kinda crazy!
Here are the facts:
- I mean, they’re married.
- He had her password. (She says she didn’t give it to him)
- It happened on a shared computer. (She says it wasn’t)
- She was cheating on him…with her ex-husband!
- The ex-hubs was abusive and new hubs was worried for his kids’ safety.
- Hubs was an IT guy who knows his way around a computer.
What do you think?
Traveling woman: musings from the airport December 17, 2010
I’m on day two of a four day business trip right now. It’s a convention-type trip with lots of classes available to take…and yes, I’m one of those nerdy types that goes to all of the classes that I can! But this post isn’t about the classes, it’s about my time at the airport…it’s always a trip.
**Six things I saw or heard at the airport yesterday**
- From an engaged couple waiting to get on the plane: After the woman gave a When Harry Met Sally-type request for something to drink to her fiancé, he comes back and they get to talking. I don’t know what all was said, but I did hear the woman say, “I own you…that’s what this means”, while she flashed her ring around. Really? Wow. I’m sure he secretly wanted to rip that ring off and go sprinting down the airport hallway and right out the door.
- TSA guy: after having to do the creepy body scan thing (ick), one of my bags got selected for a check. After pulling out all of the things that were in there, the TSA guy told me I had a well-packed bag. Do you know how many bags those dudes must see?! BOOM! If I ever need a career change, I’m positive I could be a professional organizer.
- Optically challenged lady: I’m admittedly blind without my glasses…it’s actually a bit embarrassing how little I can see without them. I don’t think, though, that I’m quite as bad as this chick trying to work on her laptop. She was hunched over, laptop held at eye-level with one hand, typing with the other…and it was literally three inches from her face. Like, picture the laptop open and her chin directly above the space key and you’ll know what I’m talking about. You can make the font bigger lady!
- Incredible expanding bag: in more “well-packed bag” news, I got clothes for 4 days and 3 nights (business cas during the day, jeans and relaxing clothes at night) into one carry on! And let’s not even talk about my plethora of snacks. Woo hoo!
- Vera Bradley bags: don’t sleep on Vera! I’ve got a tote bag (the one that the TSA dude went through) and it holds tons of stuff. There are lots of pockets and they’re well made, so I never worry about how heavy it is. Plus I’m not the only one…lots of ladies were carrying them around.
- Bonus: this one isn’t in the airport, but is there anything better than the realization that your flight isn’t full??? Oh em gee, when I realized that I had the whole row to myself, I almost jumped up and clicked my heels together.
Anyhoo, that was my airport experience…do y’all know what I mean?
Gobble, gobble November 16, 2010
Just got finished chatting with The Mister and his fam is coming over for Thanksgiving dinner (then we’ll get up at the crack of dawn on Friday and go to my fam’s house for a Thanksgiving brunch…my mom’s way of making it okay that we’re missing the actual Thanksgiving dinner…I digress, sorry) and I’m stoked! I love an opportunity to cook…fun, fun, fun!
It’ll be a small gathering, so it shouldn’t require too much effort but since it’s the holiday, I checked to see what my girl Martha had to say about Thanksgiving menus. And as should be expected, she is a woman after my OCD planning heart! Click here to see what I’m talking about.
- If you think that Martha doesn’t detail exactly what you should make, you’d be wrong.
- If you think that Martha doesn’t suggest that you start looking for Turkeys in early November…again, you’d be wrong.
- If you think that my heart didn’t sing when I read her breakdown of what to do one week before, 4-5 days before, and so on and so forth before Turkey Day…you guessed it, you’d be wrong.
- If you think that my girl Martha didn’t give you an hour by hour breakdown of exactly what needs to happen that day…playa, you’d be wrong.
If there’s a world without Martha, I don’t wanna live in it! That woman is stone crazy for the amount of detail she puts into planning an event…and I love her for it!
Grammar 101 November 14, 2010
That phrase seems to be so confusing to people, so let me break it down. “Pants” is the noun of the phrase…the main subject. While “pajama” is the adjective, giving more meaning to its noun…pants. Much like a ball gown is to be worn at balls and a baseball uniform is to be worn at baseball games…pajama pants are to be worn to bed.
So why (why????) are so many people wearing them out and about?
Is the fact that the word “pants” is in the phrase throwing people off? If you’re not a small child who’s parent dragged out of bed to go shopping or a hungover college student…then you know better than to wear pajamas outside of the house. I just don’t think putting on a pair of jeans is that much effort and it completely raises the comfort level of those strangers around you…am I the only one put off by seeing strangers in their pajamas?
Let’s do better people! Who’s with me?!
Voltron October 12, 2010
I can’t be the only one who loved Voltron as a kid…well, look what I found:
“Ready to form Voltron!
Dyna-therms connected, infra-cells up, mega thrusters are go!
Form feet and legs!
Form arms and body!
And I’ll form the head!”
Do you remember this cartoon? It was the bomb right?